Friday, November 16, 2007

Underestimation, look down on me, stereotyping, halo-effect...

Often ppl underestimate me bcoz of my age, my cute look *grins*, my height, my usage of language at certain point or perhaps my behaviour.. well, wat actually happened was that they stereotype or the halo-effect are involve while they are making judgments on me...

you noe wat motivates me the most to become a better person ?

its the underestimation, the look down on me, the stereotyping and the halo-effect of u guys that motivates me to change to a better person. it might sound stupid to change bcoz of how some ppl look at me.. sometimes its just en ego.. i just wan to prove to u tat i m not tat weak, stupid or dependent on ppl after all.. perhaps at the very point i show such qualities.. but if u r sincere enuf or stay enuf to see me n understand me, i bet u will be amazed... i m saying this bcoz of some ppl just take a 1st look at u.. then they start to stereotype, halo-effect, estimating u... n once they are done doing tat, they will just ignore u for the rest of the time.. is tis fair? well.. it isnt fair.. but wat is fair in tis world ? i have to bear some responsibilities too as i shud have shown my best at the very 1st... but dif ppl have diff taste n stuff.. so u cant get everyone to like u.. n i always believe tat 'save the best for the last'..

Age... lots of ppl think that i m onli 19.. i m too young? childish/immature? i can say that i m more than wat my age can offer.. i m capable of doing lots of things at tis age while others hu are older than me are incapable of doing such things.. so its age a limiting factor? yes but to a certain extend.. not to say i m very capable n mature.. i m still learning myself n i like to learn.. i like to talk too ppl hu are mature and knowledgeable.. bcoz i can learn a lot of things from them.. but i m definitely more than wat a normal average 19yo can offer..

Looks... some ppl think tat i m cute , some thinks tat i m ugly.. but i noe hu i m n where i stand.. everyone wans to become lengzai rite? i like to experience new stuff n try new things once at least.. i wan to look better than i m now.. tats y i m came out with the Desmond Makeover Plan... not bcoz of how ppl look at me.. i just wan to look better n lengzai.. while i m still young.. n hope i will stay tat nice n attractive till i m old n retired.. n good looks are always a + for anything.. i experienced it b4.. when ppl say no to u just the minute they look at u.. really sad though.. but it motivates me.. hehe.. n have u ever thought why most playboys are capable of having lots of partners but yet lots of hatred towards him? n ppl wud die for them or willingly to be played by them? its bcoz they have the looks... most important factor.. tats wat i think.. lolx..

Height.. hahaha.. tis is something which lots of ppl tease me about.. i m short.. very short.. so wat?! i cant change tat fact.. its in the genes.. lolx..but there isnt a rule saying tat short ppl wont succeed in life n lead a happy life rite? short or tall.. i deserve a chance in everything.. hu says tat onli tall ppl are good at basketball? nonsense!! even short ppl can be very good at playing basketball.. its the determination... the inner self tat matters.. not the outer self.. short ppl have their own advantages n disadvantages.. so does tall ppl.. so dun tease short ppl.. LOL... well i m used to it... though.. hehe..

Language... hhmmm.. my language.. esp eng.. not tat good though.. but i m willing to learn.. i m trying to pick up things.. bits n pieces.. asking questions to be better.. once in a group presentation.. our group got the highest marks.. well.. actually is always.. lolx.. n i gave CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS on other groups' presentation.. well.. my lecturer asked us to do so.. so i did.. i din meant to fire or bombard ppl.. i m just trying to help my frenz to improve.. tats all.. n hoping tat my frenz are open minded enuf to accept it.. however, it turn out tat some ppl isnt tat open minded after all.. suits u.. but i did my part to help.. n after tat my lecturer gave comments.. she agreed with all tat i have to say.. LOL.. wat i wanna say to u ppl out there are ' I GOT THE HIGHEST(2ND) MARKS IN MOST OF THE TEST ITS NOT BCOZ I M CUTE! BUT ITS BCOZ I M GOOD AT OBSERVING N GOOD IN MY LANGUAGE N WILLING TO LEARN N ACCEPT CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS!' sounds arrogant here.. but.. i m just trying to speak out.. being confident.. LOL.. i m not saying i m the best.. but i m learning n willing to accept constructive comments n change to become better out of it..

Behaviour.. lol... or it shud be link to my emotions.. lolx.. as u guys noe.. i m kinda emotional.. but i m improving.. u wudnt wanna noe me if i was younger.. hahaha... my behaviour.. at times.. its just see hu is the person i m with.. its just diff ppl n diff ways of being with them.. hehe.. be smart enuf to blend in... soemtimes i might be a bit too manja.. or a bit too playful/childish.. but its my personality.. learn to live with it or leave me alone.. well.. its just sometimes.. i m not like tat always... so if u treat/respect me the way, i will give u the equal or perhaps even more respect n treat in return.. hhmmm.. but it conflicts with one thing.. when ppl are mean to me.. i shud be better to them.. hmmm.. i still cant do tat yet.. duno why... trying to change? duno.. but tats wat makes me unique.. ahaha..

lastly i wanna say tat accept me for hu i m but not someone u wan me to be... be patient n treat ppl sincerely.. u will earn ur rewards n be amazed by it.. dun just judge a person by its cover or 1st impression though 1st impression is very important.. but try not to do so.. try to take time at knowing tat person.. tis doenst apply to interviews.. it applies to getting frenz/relationships.. so be smart n blend in well.. always be open minded to accept other ppl's constructive comments as they have their own reasons for saying such things.. try n think bout it n change to become a better person.. dun change bcoz of wat others wan u to be.. change bcoz of urself.. change bcoz u wan to.. change to become a better person, not worse...

2 comments:

erinwho? said...

Phew, finally finish reading.

"u wudnt wanna noe me if i was younger"

Lol, That means I'm really unlucky!

Hmm, I agree that your behaviour and personality is very different. For instance, you can act like a kid in front of us but handle things maturely, No wonder some ppl judge you by first impression.

I actually look up to you. Let's not say 19, evey when you were 17 or 18, the responsibility you are taking was much more than mine. So what if I'm studying here and have to attend to different matters, I'm extremely privllege and lucky to have this experience.

Self confidence is very important. I think in a class atmosphere, everyone should be open to give an receive comments. Of course, some comments will be too harsh to accept but we shouldn't hate the person for that. If it's a useful comment, then we should embrace it and learn. Be humble and thank them even though it may be harsh. On the other hand, if the comment is useless, then just leave it. It's up to us to accept and reject what is good and bad. Thus, I think you shouldn't bother about ppl like that. Just tell yourself never to be like them.

Furthermore, I think Asian societies should open up in giving and receiving compliments. Young people nowadays (I sound old, I'm part of them!) will easily morph into green eye monsters when they meet better people. Underline is, if they keep acting that way, they are not going anywhere. Compliment the better ppl, make them happy so that they are willing to teach you, help you and guide you. If a person is arrogant before being successful, they would never learn.

I always give the impression to classmates that I'm capable. They never believe that I haven't finish my work, heven't prepare for presenations etc. Even if they do, they will defiitely say:" no problem for you". I think I always give people false impression and their remarks can sometimes put pressure on me. However, I can't work without pressure, so bring it on! Even from primary to high school, people think I'm dilligent and smart =p (Was it?) or at least a person that would study and do homework. The thing is, I never do that. I sleep at midnight because I work on Editorial Board's layouts, chat on msn or watch dramas. I never study till late! I never do my tuition homework and always do stuff I dislike the last minute. I almost never study for some subjects too.

At home, I'm always the kid that doesn't need much attention towards my studies and life. Ezien is a paranoia and she pass stress to everyone so naturally my parents would be worried. Eway is a lazy-bum (hahaha) that never studies and is always slow to react so my parents would call her 24-7. They always phone me just to call her! As for me, I'm always the one that phone them, always the one that arrange things. Haha..

Be happy, be you. (I won't say this to a pathetic, selfish person, they should change)

Change for the better, change because you want to and not because you are forced to.

To respect you, I've wrote such a long response to your long post.

From a self-centered narcicist,
Erin

Shake Trees said...

fulamak. so der super duper long post. kekeke... it doesnt matter who say wat ma. unless it hurts ur heart... does it? its up to us to listen and learn wats gud from it.