Monday, April 10, 2006

SCHOOLING!!!!!COLLEGE+ING!!!

Haihz!!!! VERY FAN AR!!!!!

i duno if i shud go for college or not?? i cant decide leh.. i noe i m running out of time.. n everyone is fed up listening to me about colleges n stuff.. haihz.. i oso duno leh..

based on my financial background n family background.. i think its better for me to go form 6 n go to Uni.. actually i wanna go to Uni.. its one of my wishes to go into a Uni leh... but i dun wanna go to form 6.. i duno y.. it just freaks me out... haihz.. the other alternatif is go into matriculation.. but i had miss my chance at it!!! aiks.. y din i get to noe wats matri last time?? so other one is go to college lor.. onli stamford got full scholarship for me.. erm.. actually i din apply much.. n ktar n utar n those college tat hav the free waiver thing de.. i mean auto free waiver de.. i dun feel like goin to college.. the amount of money is too much.. i cant take it.. haihz..

u guys might think my parents can de... lidat lar.. sure can de.. they got plans de.. tell u the truth : THEY CANT!!!! i had discuss with them LOTS of time d.. haihz.. plus.. shud i choose accounting program?? coz a lot of ppl ask me to do it.. u noe me lar.. my basic accounting skills is not tat good.. n i dun really like accounting.. so how do i goin to cope with it n score?? they told me tat interest can b accumulate... i duno.. is there any subject is accounting + admin + marketing??? i noe its a 3major degree.. hehe.. but.. really got meh? which college/ uni??

guys... i duno wat program to choose.. business?? culinary arts?? hotel management?? designing?? i m interested in everything!!!! WAHAHAHA.. u guys would noe it.. okok.. tis is wat my bro told me..
1. culinary arts/hotel management:i must b prepared to get away from my social life coz of its working time.. n its very hard job.. very san fu..
2. designing : i must b prepare to work late hours n i MUST b talented... aiks... i m out of tis d.. coz i m not very outstanding n talented.. hehe..
3. business : accounting is da best... less work more pay.. admin is quite common(competitive).. marketing hard job.. common too.. haihz..
BUT BUT BUT.. i choose d business.. hehe.. just duno wt to do onli.. haha.. help me!!!

OKOK... help me.. esp those ady graduated or older than me de... got exp de..
1. which path shud i take??
2. wat course in business??

HEHE.. dun vomit blood wor.. i noe i m very mafan la.. hehe...

11 comments:

JR said...

How come you never ask me about these kind of stuff??

Well,it's a long long way to go after choosing what to study.So,my advice is,follow your heart,follow what you like...If you wanna go college and you think your parents can't afford,then go for the one with scholarship.So that it won't burden you and your family...

船到桥头自然直...

Chua You Heng said...

yeah, really like that idiom, actually things never come out as planned, like i plan to go f6 but a little longer later, i go utar. try yo follow your heart, you know which is best for you, but plz be fast, coz most of the intakes will be closed in a short while...

Su Fen said...

At least u are fighting with your own.You can decide path u want to go.So just like what jr said follow ur heart.For me I hav lost the war so just hav to do what my dad said.I have to go form 6 although I don't like it so much.Choose what you think is good for you.For courses,I don't recomment u to take accounting b'cos it take very long time to finish although many colleges say it will finish in 3 years but actually not.It took about 4-10 years to finish the whole thing.If u wan to come out work asap then it's better to choose business or finance.

limjie said...

as i noe if u go form 6 for accounting it will take u 6 years to complete the whole thing until ACCA...

but if u take the course im taking now CAT it will take 3 years if u manage to pass all the paper withoput failing...its true cuz my tuitionteacher going to finish ad the ACCA part 3...he's 21 years olsd only...but the course is hard....im suffering...T.T

erinwho? said...

If can get scholarship then go to college, if can't go to form six. Uni life should be great!.. Simple.jk

Talk to my sister lor.... ezien, she can help i guess.

There is actually one simpliest way to make decisions. I did try that sometimes. Eliminate all the stuff you don't like and the list will become shorter and shorter. Erm.. backing up with reasonable reasons to end up with the last decision.

If you keep choosing from what u like, it's pretty hard. I do like business subjects, marketing, psycho, hospitality and stuff.... but in the end, i made my choice. You can too, perhaps give yourself a little more time, a little more thought to it.

Feel free to chat with me... not that i can help much. lol
erin

Shake Trees said...

hmm u shud have planed n asked 4 advise long time jor. if u dun like wat ur going 2 study, then when u work, its going to bbe veli tough on u.

Since ur running out of time, i can oni advise u :

1. F6 is tough. Cost is much less. If u can manage, then go for it.

2. Accounting. Interest can b accumulated but most of the time, its because u have no choice. U have 2 sacrifice. U can work n study partime to earn up till ACCA.

3. each jobs has perks n downsides. Hotel mgt is limited here in msia. U have 2 explore worldwide which is a gud thing. Quite a tough job 2. Ofcus u get d benefits like membership.

4. Designing is quite demanding. U must b creative n work underpressure. If u observe those designers shows, u will know. If u dun have d creative juice in u, better think twice.

5. Business accounting is most preferable 2 u. Not hard n not easy. Suits u best. hehehe. Most students take this. Many CEOs raise to their position from this and doing sales. Ofcus u must work hard la. D foundation is there. Ask ur frens who study this field on d cost, scholarships, etc.

6. Abt wat school, college n uni, i cant advise as i duno ur costing. if u stay in tarc hostel its cheaper. outside cost abt 250/mth n its sharing a room. Plan where u want to study as it can cost u more like travelling cost.

So next time when u bcome CEO, buy me a dozen drinks ok. Wish u luck. :)

RcKs said...

Yawn. I'm here to kepoh, so don't get offended anyway.

First of all that I'd like to say is WHICH NINNY AGAIN SAID FORM SIX IS HELL TOUGH? Ooops, sorry for that raising up my volume but I can't help getting annoyed.

Form six is only tough in the sense that you're taking it as a route to secure hotspots, such as medicine, pharmacy, law, and even accountings.

The other thing is that... have you even looked at all the courses being offered in our local varsities!?!? There are zounds of them, so you'll definitely get what you want (unless you flunked all your subjects).

Then, are you really really really sure that you wanted something like that? Hell I thought I wanted biochemistry as a career but in the end I shifted my gear and ended up something else. I'm fucking lucky that I din't go to TARC for a career that I thought I like.

Anyway, unless you're in a rush to earn one million bucks before your each 25, why the hustle?

A degree/diploma means nothing if you are not matured enough to handle things, and maturity comes with time. So, sit back and enjoy the journey of life. You'll regret a lot, if you landed too early in a working environment.

Poking my nose under everybody's skirts, Rickie.

Shake Trees said...

did i say hell tough? hmmm... there's a diff between tough n hell tough. pls dun confused him further.

its ur choice dude. pls ask ard n hear from ur own ears. ;)

RcKs said...

Lalala! cybertronic is a ninny~

Grumpy Boi said...

haha.. hey.. may i noe hu is cbertonic n hu is rick??? u guys looks familiar... haha.. can u guys send me an email telling hu u r?? haha..

oh ya.. thx for all the tips.. u guys sounds so funny.. haha

Anonymous said...

Do not take courses that people tell you it's the best. Do not take it jsut because most of your friends study it. Do not take it just because you heard it can earn a lot in future.

The only person who know which is best is you yourself. When I choose my career, I ask my myself, ask my heart. I always believe you must have the passion for that job then you will know what to study.

I don't believe that interest can be accumulated. Interest is based on your emotions, feelings, and these things can change. Ask yourself.

You can ask as many people as you want in order to know what is it like to work as this and that but the final decision has to be from you. Here's wishing you all the best!!!