Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Emo~

Emo~~~~~

I am a guy who is full of emotions. In other words, i am an emotional guy and hot tempered. Just a simple little thing can make me laugh out loud, cry the next second, throw tantrum the next moment. Sometimes it benefits me but most of the time it harms me and brings lots of problems & troubles to me.

Normally the word 'emotional' is being labeled on females and people with artistic character. You seldom hear that a guy is emotional. It is because guys tend to keep all their emotions to themselves, showing their emotions toward others portray the image that they are weak. Nowadays, with globalization and competitions, people tend to be more stressful just to make a living. Thus, their emotions tend to be like a roller coaster. It changes very fast, going very high at this moment, very low another moment. There are also people who are born with this personality, aka ME!

It isn't wrong to have such a personality. It is one of the criteria that makes you YOU! Standing out from others, differentiate from others. Although it is always seen as a negative aspect, but whatever negative, there will always be something positive behind it. Just like the Ying Yang Theory. Don't blame yourself for having such a behaviour. Well, if you know that it is till the state that harms you, just learn how to control it. Facing your own weakness is better than running away from it.

I am just going to share some of my ways of controlling my emotions and temper. Keeping it. Making it a smooth ride rather than a roller coaster which scares everyone.
1. Clench my fist as hard as possible and hold my thought and actions. Let all my negative energy and tantrum goes to my fist. well, not to hit anything or anyone. Just clench it. Or perhaps squeeze a stress ball. After my hand ran out of strength, then only I make decisions.
2. just hum or sing a song that comes to my mind. Of cause inside my head, because i do not want everyone to think that i am crazy for bursting out a song in the middle of a conversation or argument. For instance, Winner Takes it All ( Meryl Streep version ) It is FULL of emotions and passions...
3. Think of something else. Mostly about mother nature. To change my focus.

How about you? What would you do when you feel emo ? or your temper is rising?

2 comments:

erinwho? said...

Singing helps, and cleaning.. and talking to a friend, and taking photographs, and writing.

Maybe I should buy you a stress ball for Christmas! Perhaps I could just give you a free one, they always give out free ones.

Grumpy Boi said...

nah.. its ok... i have a few stress balls here.. lol